Home ContactAbout UsPhotosRecipes

Thursday, October 29, 2009


Taking Care of Business

First, I'm participating again in Keelie's TWOC. She did a great job detailing Christmas foods around our place. (We always have the traditional meal on Christmas Eve.)


Twelve Weeks of Christmas


I'm going to share several recipes for some old favorites of my mom and mother-in-law on our family recipe blog Pass Your Plate. Head on over there and be sure to follow along if you're a fan of good southern cookin'! These are going to be salads although they sort of taste like dessert!

Also wanted to mention that I enjoy getting in the kitchen and doing alot of baking this time of the year. Obviously, my last giveaway was all about desserts! I've already started trying the posted favorites of some of you fine ladies!

Here's my slab of  Cranberry Crunch Bark (Amy's) I just made. Yum cranberries and almonds!



I could eat the whole slab!!!


***************************************


Traveling Longhorns (Red Hen) passed this cute little thing on over to me. She remembered my bathroom redo and wanted me to have it to go along with the room. Thank you!

Here are the rules of this award: Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link.
Pass the award to bloggers who like to smile and/or laugh. Hey to my readers this morning, would you like it, too? Then grab it.


***********************************************



Thena at Patiently Waiting passed this precious award to me. Although I have been slow to get it out here, I am appreciative of her kind thoughts.

As it has been passed along to me, here are the rules of the "One Lovely Blog" award:

1. Accept the award.

2. Post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link.

3. Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you’ve newly discovered. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
So I'm just taking the easy out...I am passing it on to any of my readers who need a little "pick me up" this morning. All of your blogs are awesome!


Ok........I think I'm caught up!! Have a great day! We've got the umbrellas back out--more rain today.


4 comments:

  1. That Bark looks awesome YUM and Congrats on your awards. they are fun to receive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your awards! That bark looks almost too pretty to eat. *Almost*, I say! It also looks too delicious not to eat. Yum. -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good ol' Southern cooking, mmmm! I'll have to check out Pass your plate, need some new recipes in my arsenal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talked me into it...I am now following "Pass Your Plate"!

    ReplyDelete