Home ContactAbout UsPhotosRecipes

Friday, October 9, 2009


Cheesecake Bars and HO HO HO!


Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
(Martha Stewart)


FOR THE CRUST
20 chocolate wafer cookies, (half a 9-ounce package)
2 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

FOR THE FILLING
2 packages bar cream cheese, (8 ounces each)
1 cup sugar
1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin puree
3 large eggs
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon pumpkin-pie spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line bottom and sides of an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil, leaving an overhang on all sides. Set aside.

In a food processor, blend cookies with sugar until finely ground (you should have about 1 cup crumbs); add butter, and pulse until moistened. Transfer crumb mixture to prepared pan, and press gently into bottom. Bake until fragrant and slightly firm, 12 to 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.

Place cream cheese in food processor; blend until smooth. Add sugar, pumpkin puree, eggs, flour, pumpkin-pie spice, and salt; process until combined. Set aside.

Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave in 30-second increments, stirring between each, until melted. Add 1 cup pumpkin mixture; stir to combine. Set aside.

Pour remaining pumpkin mixture into prepared pan. Drop dollops of chocolate mixture onto pumpkin mixture; swirl. Bake until cheesecake is set but jiggles slightly when gently shaken, 40 to 50 minutes.

Cool in pan. Cover; chill until firm, at least 2 hours (and up to 2 days). Using overhang, transfer cake to work surface. With a knife dipped in water, cut into 16 squares. Serve.

******************************

Twelve Weeks of Christmas


I am participating in Keelie's TWOC. Here's my very, very general list of things I will enjoy during the holidays. (Obviously, some of these could be broken down into more detailed "lists" and probably will be in the near future!)


Decorate the house
Bake goodies
Make Christmas crafts with the family
Go to church Christmas programs
Watch hub put out the yard stuff
Enjoy fires in the fireplace
Be out and about in town (no pressure--shopping will hopefully be complete)
Buy last minute stocking stuffers
Have family meals
Listen to Christmas music
Watch Christmas chick flicks

26 comments:

  1. Our lists would be similar! I am chomping at the bit to get my Christmas stuff out by mid October...but I MUST wait....at least until early November...then I'll pull out a few things.... but the tree will wait until after Thanksgiving. :)
    Have a very blessed weekend! I love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of our favorite traditions is to get one of the kids to read the christmas story from Luke on Christmas Eve.

    Blessings,andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cheesecake bars sound delicious! I am trying a Martha Stewart recipe today....I have stew in the crockpot. I'll post it next week if it turns out good....cause believe me I am NO Martha Stewart.....lol.

    LOVE your Christmas list! It is really cold here right now and it is making me ready!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Diana,
    Thanks for poppin by to say congratulations!! You're a sweetie! What a blessing to have a committed, enduring love, huh??

    May God continue to bless you and your guy with many more years of joy and happiness in Him!!
    HUGS!!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list. I need to start thinking about Christmas, my favorite winter activity. Thanks for coming by. It is very nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful Christmas list and those bars, they look so yummie!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diana, thanks so much for visiting my blog. Please do come back and try to follow me. I am trying to build my traffic up. I love your blog. I want to try those bars you have posted today. Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh those look oh so good! I must give those a try...our house loves all things pumpkin.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for trying Diana. I don't know what the deal is either.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to learn not to check out peoples blogs when I am already hungry! You never know who is going to post some fantastic recipe and make my stomach growl even louder!!! Those bars look deliscious!
    Thanks for visiting my blog!
    -Steph

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your list! I, too, hope to have Christmas shopping done with early this year! It's a must as I really want to enjoy the season and truly bask in the joy of Christ's birth!

    Thanks for stopping back by! I appreciate your company!

    .mac :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for visiting today. You have a beautiful blog. I believe I have been here one other time. I remember your daughter Jenna's beautiful face. You have a great list of fun things to do around the holidays. Mine is similar. Those bars sound yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like how you put your list in green and red! :) And that recipe sounds incredible!

    I'm here with TWOC:

    http://www.mooreminutes.com/2009/10/making-list-checking-it-twice.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't wait for that Christmas craft! And to try those bars!!

    Thanks for doing TWOC..winner announced tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great list! I'll bet they all happen! If you, I pray your family has the perfect Christmas this year!
    Blessings,
    Jayne at mysongwithin

    ReplyDelete
  16. DOUBLE yummmmm on those bars!!! Great time of year, too! I just love Christmas music - sometimes I'll pop it in at other times just to put me in a good mood. Neat post ~ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for visiting my blog today. This is my first time at yours and I know I'll enjoy it from now on.

    This dessert is perfect for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have some nice blogs! I will definitely be back to check them out again, and to indulge in some great recipes! I love new recipes! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yum! I love pumpkin anything so I will definitely have to try this recipe. I am so glad you happened by my blog. I am always happy to meet another Texas gal.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great list. I'm hoping that this year will be the year that everything is done before Christmas. Hopefully this blog party will help. But I'm not holding my breath.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for stopping by today, Diana...Love your Christmas List. I will go visit Keelie too!

    Stay Cozy, Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  22. my fave on your list is "watch hub put up stuff" LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great list - I love all those activities! I may have to start watching my Christmas chick flicks this week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Diana,
    I agree with your activity list! I enjoy all those activities too...I love Christmas carols and Christmas movies! Your cheesecake bars sound fabulous! I'm the only one in my house that would probably eat them, but I could bring them to a church function. Thank you for sharing. Have a wonderful Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete