Home ContactAbout UsPhotosRecipes

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Taking a Mental Break from the Heat

Yes, I know it's 105 outside and not really soup weather. It is though tomato growin' season around here in North Texas.  Add to the fact, that Keelie (Red Writing), Sasha (Lemonade Makin' Mama), and I have been discussing the Christmas season, I thought I would get in the kitchen again this afternoon. On the menu....tomato basil soup. 



4 cups fresh tomatoes, peeled, and chopped or canned whole tomatoes, crushed

2 comments:

  1. The soup was fantastic! I had a taste and it really warmed me up...so to speak. Side note, just left the movies at 9:30 pm and car said it was still 102 degrees outside.SICK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy do I relate! It's been 112 - 116 here in Phoenix, so even going outside to grille requires vast amounts of resolve and water.

    Be blessed (and cool),
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete