Home ContactAbout UsPhotosRecipes

Thursday, October 11, 2012


Flash from the Past

This old photo shows two special places in "Old Gunter."  It's almost hard to believe but back then we actually had a cleaners--Lowery's Cleaners. I can still smell the air that you smelled when you walked in. The owner, Tommy Lowery, was a funny little man. He was our first/second grade teacher's husband.

The "Gunter Cafe" is where I think I had my first paying job. Wow...I wish I could remember how much I made as a waitress. I don't think I was even 16 years old. But I do remember Red Rasco's pies she made.

What memories!




1 comment:

  1. I've been now to take many a notalgia trip. They're free, and they often bring smiles to my face & warmth to my heart.

    Your photo made me think of the corner grocery in our neighborhood. It also made me hungry for pie.

    Blessings,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete