Home ContactAbout UsPhotosRecipes

Thursday, December 17, 2009


Fa La La La Licious


I made TWO batches of this yesterday. If you haven't tried this recipe version, do! You'll go NUTS over it!


Microwave Peanut Brittle

1 1/2 cups dry roasted peanuts
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 pinch salt
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda

Grease a baking sheet or cover with parchment paper. In a glass bowl, combine peanuts, sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Cook in microwave for 6 to 7 minutes. Mixture should be bubbly and peanuts browned. Stir in butter and vanilla; cook 2 to 3 minutes longer.

Quickly stir in baking soda--just until mixture is foamy. Pour immediately onto greased or covered baking sheet. Let cool about 15 minutes or until set. Break into pieces, and store in airtight container.

So EASY and So GOOD!!

11 comments:

  1. That looks so good. I haven't had any fresh good brittle in awhile. It sounds easy, but I'm afraid I'll mess it up!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so glad you shared this! Might be an answer for gifts for neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is the kind of stuff I like.
    Merry Christmas,
    ♥ Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Microwave and peanut brittle - sign me up!!! I can even do that! My family is gonna love me ~ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I have made that many a time.....love it!! And I love the fact that it's so, so easy!

    suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so yummy! And easy!! Thanks for the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, peanut brittle reminds me of my mom and dad when I was growing up. They always had it in the car for a snack when we would take long road trips!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my weakness...peanut brittle! I actually can't be trusted with it...dangerous! I just bookmarked your cake recipe from your other blog!
    Great recipes! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love peanut brittle! And you make it exactly like I like it...lots and lots of peanuts! Yummm...I would love to try this recipe. I don't have a microwave anymore, so do you think it would work the old fashioned way? Hmmmmm...

    Merry Christmas! And thanks for stopping by the other day!

    ReplyDelete