Home ContactAbout UsPhotosRecipes

Monday, September 19, 2016

A Good Garden

The garden of 2015 never took off. However, 2016 was a good garden year. You just never know! 

We probably harvested 80-90 cantaloupes. 

I gave squash to everyone I could think of or that I could pawn it off on all summer. I took it to church on several occasions. One day I just loaded up a sack full and took it to a luncheon. Turns out they were giving away door prizes. Yep, they gave my sack out, and the winner was thrilled! I have cooked squash and okra all summer long in as many different ways as I could think of. 

The tomatoes were the only bust! We had beautiful plants in the ground, but I guess the tomato gods were not with us. We just got a handful. The others either died from too much spring rain or some disease.  Oh well....you can't have everything.



3 comments:

  1. Hi Diana, Love reading about your harvest. Both of my daughters have large yards and great gardens. I've been given so many squash this summer, as well as huge cucumbers and heirloom tomatoes. In fact, I still have two very large cucumbers that I need to use up soon. So glad so many were blessed by your bounty.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so admire anyone who gardens. It looks like a daunting endeavor but I do see the rewards are great. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so admire anyone who gardens. It looks like a daunting endeavor but I do see the rewards are great. Good job!

    ReplyDelete