Home ContactAbout UsPhotosRecipes

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Trips and a Move in August

The kids all went to Minnesota in August just not at the same time. Jared and Jenna got to go to the Hibbing area for a mini-reunion with some of his family. They had a good, relaxing time. At that point Jenna was about at the 24-week mark of her pregnancy and still free to travel. 

Justin and Keelie then went the next week to the area near Brainerd, Minnesota to be with Greg and Lisa. They had a great time and hope to go back during the winter so they can ice fish. 

Marilyn and I had been to both areas of Minnesota back in mid 2013 when we went on a girls' trip. We loved our time there, too.

At the end of August, Jared and Jenna closed on a house. Rick and I took the RV to Joe Pool Lake for five or six days of camping to help them move. The housing market during this time was simply crazy. For every house that went up for sale there would be multiple offers during the first day or two; all the offers would be for more than asking prices. Houses were a hot commodity! 

Theirs is a great house in the area that they wanted.  They got to make an offer before it went on the market. Their patience and willingness to listen to God's voice all along the five or six month house-hunting journey paid off. (Jared's mom was so sweet to allow them to stay with her during that interim time.) 

I was so thrilled when the pressure was off of them to find a house. They were now free to settle in and prepare for the baby!


I Resigned!

I began my part-time job as a diagnostician as usual in August. But after only two weeks I resigned. I had prayed all summer for clear direction as to whether I should continue to work until December at which time I would take a leave of absence or whether to quit before school started. I knew from past experiences that I would get a peace about it when the timing was right. I so did not want to let my fear replace my faith in making a decision.

And then, in God's timing, whether mine or not, two weeks into the new school year He let me know in a very clear, commanding nudge I should quit. I haven't looked back. It's been a great thing; burdens were lifted off my shoulders!

Rick has really enjoyed me not working. We have done some things we couldn't have done if I had not quit. Regardless if he has to have surgery or not in January we don't and won't regret the move. And of course, we will be free to not only see the grands - Jonah and Glory - next door, but we will be free to get down to see our new granddaughter more often after she arrives in December. 

God is Good!


1 comment:

  1. Lots going on at your place, Diana. No wonder you were absent for a while. Congrats on the new baby coming...whoo hooo! Congrats, too, on retiring. That is a great thing. I took early retirement 4 years ago and love it. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete