Home ContactAbout UsPhotosRecipes

Monday, February 23, 2015

 Snow Ice Day

Everyone got the call relatively early last night.  NO SCHOOL!

Teachers and kiddos slept very well if I was guessing. Not sure about parents.

 I got excited, and I didn't even have to be there. This morning brought more sleet as the clock ticked off the hours.


All sleet! 


Jonah slid over first this morning. He stayed until after lunch. The checker stacks tell how I faired in the game!


After lunch it was Glory's turn to slide over through the pasture. She beat me in cards. 

She wanted a few minutes out in the white stuff. It was cold!!


Now it's just Rick and me by the fire.

Other accomplishments for the day have already included:  taxes done and Shutterfly prints ordered! Oh yeah!

BTW the call has already come through this afternoon. Another Snow Ice Day tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Oh- I hear you about the ice and snow. We don't have nearly much snow this year but we did have a record breaking 30+ days when it did not get above zero. It has to be MINUS 35 for them to cancel school (with wind chill) and so we lost close to 2 weeks of school days.
    UGH
    How fun that the kids beat you. Our kiddos usually beat me, too. lol xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana, Looks like you thoroughly enjoyed your time with the grands-so fun! Stay warm and inside; we have sunshine here today but expect snow tomorrow thru the weekend.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete