Home ContactAbout UsPhotosRecipes

Monday, July 30, 2012

Weekend and a New Recipe

This weekend I worked on getting some "stuff" for Goodwill together. We also had a birthday meal on Sunday evening for Jerry (it was a real special # for him!).

The new recipe I tried was for Southern Cornbread Salad. We liked it. Here's the recipe.

2 cups cooked cornbread cut in 1 inch cubes
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
diced onion
diced bell pepper
diced fresh tomatoes
grated cheese
8 oz. buttermilk ranch dressing

Layer in order as listed above. Chill a couple of hours.

** I actually made this up the day before. However, I saved the cheese and chilled buttermilk dressing to put on the next day. Worked great!



3 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this dish. The cornbread must not get real soggy? Sounds good...and Happy Birthday to Jerry- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it wasn't. I guess because everything was drained.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have this sometimes at our church functions....it's yummy.

    ReplyDelete