Home ContactAbout UsPhotosRecipes

Friday, November 26, 2010

In Keeping with Tradition.....

On Thanksgiving Day, we always take a few minutes to do our "Christmas Craft" with the family. It's usually an ornament that can be added to the tree. We have done them from all ends of the creativity scale. Never the less..... it's so special to look at them from year to year and think about those sweet times together.

So here are a few shots from yesterday.......






And the last two pics here are crafts done for Jonah and Glory for their first Thanksgiving/Christmases (2005 and 2008)....




(Happy Birthday, Greg!)

15 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun making crafts. My Christmas tree is full of ornaments that were made by myself and my girls. We always remember the ornament when we put it on the tree and tell the story behind it. Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making Christmas ornaments is one of our favorite traditions, too! My favorites are the ones where we took a glass ball and painted their little hands white and stamped them on the ornament. So simple, but so precious to me now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a fantastic idea!!!
    I love how you did a craft together---the memories will be priceless!
    God Bless~

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea-to do it on Thankgiving Day. Those little traditions are the stuff that memories is made of. Hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so sweet. And what a great tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great idea....great photos..

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful tradition and great looking kids. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great tradition. I'm sure they'll always love these special memories of your holiday traditions.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! My Grandma's heart overflows with joy for you! What a wonderful tradition!
    Maybe someday I will live close enough to my Grands to be able to have such a precious tradition. Beautiful photos of precious family...thanks for sharing...and blessed Advent. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to have Thanksgiving at your house! Looks like lots of fun was there for the having!! Happy Belated Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful pictures! Looking forward to the day.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great tradition!!!

    ReplyDelete