Home ContactAbout UsPhotosRecipes

Friday, April 5, 2019

A New Cookie Project

After some inspiration from Brenda Lampe, Marilyn and I bought some supplies to try our hand at homemade decorated cookies. We thought it would be fun to have some for Easter as well as Fitz's first birthday party. I made the cookie recipe yesterday so it could chill overnight. Today, I attempted my first batch. Let's just say I need to practice! It is more difficult than it looks to get the cookie dough to the right thickness and then to retain its shape while transferring the cookie cutouts to the baking sheet. The whole royal icing thing requires a little more practice as well. 

I knew Glory would enjoy decorating a couple, so she came over this afternoon. She is always up for creating!




No comments:

Post a Comment