Home ContactAbout UsPhotosRecipes

Monday, December 26, 2016

Christmas Emergency Appendectomy

Our family Christmas was scheduled for Friday, December 23. On Thursday the 22nd, I began to feel bad. Marilyn and I were out running last minute errands. When it came time for lunch, I warned her I might not eat much. After 26 hours of stomach pain and passing it off as a "stomach bug," I decided I should probably have it checked out - otherwise I might spend the 24th or the 25th in the ER if things didn't improve.

Leaving the rest of my family at the house, Jenna and Jared took me to a clinic. After the doctor examined me, she told me I needed to go to the ER with possible appendicitis. So I still ended up at the hospital. Marilyn came up and let Jenna, Jared, and Marlow come back to the house. After bloodwork and a CT scan, appendicitis was confirmed.


(Marilyn took this right after I was told I had to have surgery!)

Justin, Jared, Jenna and Keelie put a meal together at the house, cleaned up the kitchen, and then the kids brought Rick up for the surgery which was a couple of hours later. The kids did a great job taking charge; they also made the decision to reschedule our family Christmas until this next weekend.

I was released Christmas Eve night.

So blessed though - still celebrated our Savior's birth surrounded by family members!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Diana!!! So glad you went to the doctor!! This could have ended in a real emergency!
    Enjoy your Christmas this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got it taken care of quickly! Take care and rest up for this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!!!! So glad you got it taken care of and are now "on the mend." Happy New Year my friend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete