Home ContactAbout UsPhotosRecipes

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Block of the Month

This January I finally remembered to sign up for a quilting project that I had been wanting to do for a number of years. Marilyn and I are participating in it together. Each month we go to an area quilting store where they give us a little ziplock baggy. The baggy contains the instructions and material needed to do the block for that month. The theme for this year was simply PERFECT for me---1930's vintage!!
I almost forgot to mention --  this is free! The only catch is you have to pick your baggy up on the second Friday or Saturday of every month and bring in your completed block from the previous month. If you don't make it in on either of the two designated days, you have to pay a $6.50 fee to get it whenever you do show up.  Although we had to pay this month because we were on a trip, I don't think this will be a problem most months.  

These are the first three months completed blocks.


January


February



March


(We are making a second quilt block each month out of our own scrap material, too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment