Home ContactAbout UsPhotosRecipes

Friday, February 25, 2011

Plum Cake

Ok, I apologize up front! Just click off this post if you don't need any talk about sweet stuff.

Now....for those who are still with me. You have to try this batter cake. It's got baby food in it. It's got fruit in it.

Yeah, that's right; it's got two containers of plum baby food in it. I just love baby food.



I'm telling you it is so yummy! 


I encourage you to hit the baby food aisle at the grocery store and make this. Here's the recipe. 

2 c. sugar
2 c. flour
1 c. oil
3 eggs
2  jars plum baby food
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. cloves
1 c. nuts

Put all the ingredients in a large bowl to mix on medium speed. Bake at 350 degrees in a bundt pan for approximately an hour.

Side notes:

I will tell you that you can use plum with anything else in it. I think mine was two jars of plums with bananas. Whatever you can find will work. And if you don't care for cloves, just dump more cinnamon in!!

I'm also going to put an ooey gooey confectioner's sugar drizzle on top.

I warned you to click off......

11 comments:

  1. Well, that sounds good! I haven't made a bundt cake in forever and a day! This looks like a good one! Hugs-Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh diana, i have this recipe in my file from about 30 years ago! my great aunt gave it to me when i first got married! it is a yummy cake, i can vouch for it....i am going to make it, i have not thought of it in a long time, thanks so much for the sweet reminder ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, so it's a good thing you haven't published your address or I'd be there with a fork and some coffee (which I'd gladly share).

    Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did warn us, but I continued to drool to the end of the post. Looks Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it does sound good..I love to smell little britches fruit...not so much the veggies..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now this is at least twice I have left here need to go back a pound cake! This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks very yummy! Thank you for sharing. Have a great weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. When our kids were little, I remember loving their plum pudding and blueberry buckle!! Sounds like a yummy cake!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, you warned me, Diana! :) It looks and sounds marvelous. Hmmmm, how many weight watcher points would that be? lol! Thanks for the recipe - I'll come back to when I can have a yummy treat. Enjoy your weekend! -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. This cake sounds like it has some wonderful flavor to it and yours turned out so beautifully. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your cake up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/02/sweets-for-saturday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my...your cake looks beautiful and delicious! Love that vibrant orange color! I'm hosting the Culinary Smackdown Battle for March--the theme is Cookies. Would you like to join in for the fun? It doesn' have to be a new post on your blog. You can pick your favorite cookie from your previous post too. All you have to do is link up your cookie creation. I have some great prizes waiting. Hope to see your entry soon!

    Amy
    http://utry.it/2011/03/culinary-smackdown-battlecookies.html

    ReplyDelete