Home ContactAbout UsPhotosRecipes

Friday, February 4, 2011


Our "Winter" Break!

Who says our little school district didn't schedule a winter break? We certainly have gotten one whether scheduled or not. Today is our fourth consecutive day of no school because of bad weather! That's incredible for our area! (It all started on Monday night with sleet.)

People keep asking if I have gotten bored yet. That's a big NO WAY!

Tuesday I spent reading on "The Patriarchs" bible study as well as the bible (doing the "One Year" plan). I made a pot of soup and cornbread for dinner as well as cooked some meat in the crock pot.

On Wednesday, I cooked a roast and the trimmings then did some reading. I had to cancel our ladies' bible study that night (sniff).

Yesterday, I made two buttermilk pies, a chocolate pie, and a banana pudding. WAIT...I didn't eat all this. I was cooking for Justin's birthday meal and was to deliver dessert to a friend. Justin and the kiddos ate lunch here with me, and then Jonah stayed the afternoon to entertain Elly and me. Keelie made some amazing chicken fried steak and gravy for the birthday meal last night. Marilyn added some yummy potatoes.

Last night, after we went to bed, at some point it began snowing. It continues as I type. This morning I have just done laundry. The fire is still going, and I am enjoying God's blessings.





19 comments:

  1. Diana, I am enjoying it here, too! I think I learned last year that Justin and Kalyn share their birthday. So glad you all got to have a family dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little frosted steer! All your food makes for a nice cabin fever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cold here in Houston too, and our heater's on the blink! Yikes! Soup and cornbread were on our menu last night too. The city is shut down for a "snow" day which has turned into an "ice" day since the snow never came!

    Stay warm,
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here...not bored yet and have cooked and cook..not good on my diet! Boys are outside playing in it again...my son lives closer to you, his truck just slide off his driveway into the street...LOL memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is WINTER all over Texas!!! Never a dull moment when you have a home/family/pets...and a good book.

    You have been 'redeeming the time' in the best ways possible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen! How wonderful to have the blessing of quiet time and good food with family. Enjoy! Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovin the day off today! i never get tired of staying home.
    hugs,
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nice and it is so beautiful. Wow, what great food. It makes me hungry just reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your snow. It just seems so strange!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would like it so much better if I didn't have to go out in it to go to work. UGH- Sounds like you are The Baking Queen this week! Hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. We've had quite a week too. We had freezing rain on Monday, which turned to snow on Tuesday. 20 INCHES OF SNOW. My work was closed Tuesday and Wednesday, and my kids haven't had school since Monday. Hoping to go back on Monday, although more snow is in the forecast. Enjoy the days off and your beautiful family! STAY WARM!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. We barely got an inch, if that. I'd love for my kids to see snow that doesn't have the grass poking through! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Snow is much more tolerable than ice!! But even here in our neck of the woods, snow can do us in, too!

    Sounds like you're making up for being kept in because of the "snow days"...

    Enjoyed the pics!!

    ~Beth

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you've been busy...taking advantage of all the time off! Will you have to make it up later by adding days to the end of the year. I know in Atlanta, they aren't getting the President's Day holiday to make up for a snow day.Schools there were closed a week due to snow....unheard of in GA!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am wondering if you are the best snow day cook ever?!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your days off have been very productive! Nice photos...I hope you are having a lovely weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. so glad it's starting to melt...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous photos capturing snow in Texas! I want to come to your house and enjoy all the wonderful comfort foods while being warmed by your fireplace! YUM!!!!! Seems like heaven on earth!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great pictures! I'm with you on not being bored. I've cooked a lot too. The difference is that I'm eating all that I'm making. I was by myself for 3 days---so, I ate! Not a good thing to do.

    ReplyDelete