Home ContactAbout UsPhotosRecipes

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cinnamon-Pecan Rolls

I made these this week. I got the recipe from one of my Southern Living Magazines. I highly recommend them. They are W.O.N.D.E.R.F.U.L.

(Jerry.....I ate one for you!)


Ingredients

  • 1  cup  chopped pecans
  • 1  (16-oz.) package hot roll mix
  • 1/2  cup  butter, softened
  • 1  cup  firmly packed light brown sugar
  • 2  teaspoons  ground cinnamon
  • 1  cup  powdered sugar
  • 2  tablespoons  milk
  • 1  teaspoon  vanilla extract

Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 5 to 7 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
2. Prepare hot roll dough as directed on back of package; let dough stand 5 minutes. Roll dough into a 15- x 10-inch rectangle; spread with softened butter. Stir together brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Sprinkle pecans over brown sugar mixture. Roll up tightly, starting at one long end; cut into 12 slices. Place rolls, cut sides down, in a lightly greased 12-inch cast-iron skillet or 13- x 9-inch pan. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and a cloth towel; let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 30 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
3. Preheat oven to 375°. Uncover rolls, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until center rolls are golden brown and done. Let cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Stir together powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla; drizzle over rolls.

19 comments:

  1. You always post the best recipes. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There just sinful looking. This one is a must try. I've tried making them with yeast but they just don't always work out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look delicious and the recipe sounds pretty easy!!! Mouthwatering mmm goodness!!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, you always post the yummiest recipes!!! Have missed you Diana (had a little break from being online!) Looking forward to seeing what you have been up to!
    Hugs from downunder!
    Jen xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, they look delicious. And I don't dare even start! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning, Diana! What a way to wake up! These rolls sound easy and I'm all into that - consider this recipe stolen by ME!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look delicious Diana! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, yummy, I bet they were wonderful to have on a cold day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look great- I have never even HEARD of hot roll mix~ Guess I will have to look for it now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yum! This looks like a recipe that even I could do. I don't usually have much luck with recipes that call for yeast, and some cinnamon roll recipes do. Thanks for sharing! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks good. I printed the recipe and plan to try it. Thanks for sharing and stay warm and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now that looks wonderful....how are you doing in the snow and low temps???...a little crazy..huh
    Yesterday was fun, today is ice and loosing work, not good. The weekend looks wonderful...in the 50's!!...what can we say but TEXAS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My mouth is watering and I am thinking they would warm up this cold day. YUMMY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those look yummy and I LOVE cinnamon rolls!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow...those look fabulous! Thank you for sharing the recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness Diana! They look absolutely heavenly! I'll have to show this to my daughter so she can make them. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sure they tasted good, but I KNOW they smelled divine!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, my goodness! My weakness of course is anything sweet and these would be so good!!

    ~Beth

    ReplyDelete