A Figure of Speech
A paraprosdokian is a figure of speech in which the latter part of a phrase is unexpected and causes the reader to reframe or reinterpret the first part.
Enjoy just a few this morning!
* Evening news is where they begin with 'Good evening', and then proceed to tell you why it isn't.
* A bank is a place that will lend you money, if you can prove that you don't need it.
* Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".
* I didn't say it was your fault. I said I was blaming you.
* Why do Americans choose from just two people to run for president and 50 for Miss America ?
* Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman.
* A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.