Home ContactAbout UsPhotosRecipes

Wednesday, February 16, 2011


A Figure of Speech

A paraprosdokian is a figure of speech in which the latter part of a phrase is unexpected and causes the reader to reframe or reinterpret the first part. 
Enjoy just a few this morning!


*  Evening news is where they begin with 'Good evening', and then  proceed to tell you why it isn't. 

* A bank is a place that will lend you money, if you can prove that  you don't need it.

*  Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an  emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

*  I didn't say it was your fault. I said I was blaming you. 

* Why do Americans choose from just two people to run for president and 50 for Miss America ? 

*  Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman. 

*  A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory. 

10 comments:

  1. These are great! I love stuff like that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Diana, I needed a laugh today. I especially like the one about presidential candidates - so true! Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a cute post! These are all great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are really good. All of them are so true too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved them! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are AWESOMELY entertaining! Again, I hope you don't mind, but I will be using these when speaking! Too funny..............

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to be emailing these! Very funny. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny! I saw this on another blog...."When the little boy was asked "Can you tell me where God is?", he answered, "Can you tell me where he ain't?"

    ReplyDelete