Home ContactAbout UsPhotosRecipes

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Ice Day 2 

Yesterday was another great day. Rick and I both slept in. It's not unusual for him but for me - yes.  I did a little paperwork to get ahead since I'm going to be gone next week. Then I made myself some broccoli cheese soup using fresh broccoli. We've enjoyed the warm fire that has been going and also watching the little critters around the place.

Justin walked over while he was checking on his new little chickens. They have all survived this winter blast so far. He and his dad have it going with those birds! I have got to venture out soon and get pics of the new chickens!





3 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos. We have geese that stay here all year. When we lived in manitoba they left to fly south for the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a nice sleep in- Wish I could do that but old habits die hard. I got up at 5 for work for so many years and years of growing up on a farm before that---well, if I sleep in till 6 I feel lucky.
    Great photos and hope to see those chickens soon. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana, I love hearing about your snow day-it is fun to occasionally take a day to sleep in and relax in front of a fire. Love your Cardinal-wish we had them here! We have lots of Geese that winter here,as well as Bald Eagles. Thanks for sharing such great shots-can't wait to see the chickens. Have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete