Home ContactAbout UsPhotosRecipes

Thursday, September 15, 2011



I love to laugh. I believe a giggle is always loitering about even in the most devastating of circumstances. I make a point of shuffling through the rubble in search of that giggle.
This isn’t denial. I need to feel and express my pain. But I also need to find the light side—and there is always a light side! I’ve noticed that when I laugh about some minor part of a problem or controversy or worry, the whole situation suddenly seems much less negative to me. After a good laugh, I can then rethink my circumstances. As a result, that which was threatening may now seem less threatening.

Are you a giggler? 
(To find out more about Marilyn Meberg, go here.)

8 comments:

  1. Marilyn M. was one of the speakers at Women of Faith this year! Great conference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good giggle....especially out of a little one....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have enough of them, but I'm trying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laughter is good medicine! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Humor has been a HUGE part of my life. I live with a batch of comics, and that helps; but I've also learned to flip the coin to see the lighter side beneath the present challenge.

    The endorphins produced by laughter have been known to have amazing curative power. How like the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post. Yes, I try to find humor in most things. I think it serves as a pain difuser.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm - should have checked my spelling :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I laugh a lot! Sometimes too much. I have a nervous laugh that annoys my kids and myself at times.

    ReplyDelete