Home ContactAbout UsPhotosRecipes

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spinach Quiche

Yeah, I know.....this is another "FOOD" post. Couldn't resist sharing what I made.


1 9 inch pie shell, unbaked                                                                  
2 T. butter
1/4 C. chopped scallions
1 10 oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
2 eggs, beaten slightly
1 8 oz. C. ricotta cheese
1 8oz. C. cottage cheese
1/2 C parmesan cheese
3/4 t. salt
Dash of nutmeg
Dash of pepper

1. Preheat oven to 373 degrees. Saute scallions in hot butter. Add drained spinach to pan and stir minute or two. Remove from heat to cool.
2. Mix eggs with rest of ingredients. Stir in spinach mixture. Soon into pie shell and bake for 45 minutes.

9 comments:

  1. This LOOKS and SOUNDS so GOOD!! Thank you for sharing! I know Friday night's menu now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a little different than the spinach quiche I usually make. I will give it a try. We love quiche at our house-even the grandkids love it...their favorite is plain old Quiche Lorraine but I bet they will love this one too! Thanks- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of cheesey goodness! Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing this. My husband likes spinach. I'll have to give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! And so colorful too!
    Have you ever tried making a spinach smoothie?
    They are delish...{{smile}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this stuff! Thanks for posting the recipe. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Diana, I love spinach-this looks wonderful but I'd have to make the crust with gluten free bread. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I know what I'm making for dinner tonight. Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete