Home ContactAbout UsPhotosRecipes

Saturday, September 20, 2014

ALASKA -- The Beauty

Our cruise included the pretty much standard itinerary for a seven-day cruise. Our ports included Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan, and Victoria. This really is a trip of a lifetime. You can always look out your backdoor to enjoy God's creation. But this was a long way from my backdoor, and the sites were unbelievable for this Texas gal. 

We chose some great excursions that had been recommended to us. We were certainly not disappointed! In Juneau, we did the Mendenhall Glacier and Whale Watching excursions. Then in Skagway we did the White Pass and Yukon Route Railroad which was about a 40-mile roundtrip tour at great elevations! In Ketchikan, we decided on a random tour that Rickie snagged us as we got off the ship that morning. It turned out to be a great one also with close-up views of both the beautiful salmon and totem poles in that area. 

I did take one unplanned adventure the first full day out at sea that no one else did. I got a great day in my cabin -- SEA SICK! But after meds and patches I was back on my feet the next morning ready to go. The ship's path had also moved more inland again which was great. So the blessing in this was that I really didn't miss too much.   









2 comments:

  1. Hi Diana, So thankful you got over your sea sickness. I had that a lot on my very first cruise to the Caribbean(oh and it makes a trip miserable), so glad I didn't have it in Alaska. I loved the beauty of the area-sounds like you did some great tours as well. I hope to get back up there sometime in the next few years. Our weather was incredible and so unusual-we wore shorts, but it was in July.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing your Alaska adventure. An Alaskan cruise is definitely a "bucket list" item for my husband and I. Truly a trip of a lifetime. So glad you had a GREAT TIME!! Keep the pictures coming!!

    ReplyDelete